Java Ascii Versatile Editor
JavE is a free Ascii Editor. Rather than for editing texts, it is intended
for drawing simple diagrams by using Ascii characters.
It is like a graphics editor for editing texts instead of images.
JavE is written in 100% pure Java and so should run on almost every operating system.
,' -> create Ascii art `.
/ -> draw sketches for e-mails \
| -> comment source code of programs |
| -> diagrams for visually handicaped people |
\ -> ... /
It is a standalone application and not available as applet.
- Freehand painting by mouse
- FIGlet support - 195 fonts included
- GIF/JPG/BMP to Ascii conversion with multiple options
- crash recovery - edited documents can be recovered by JavE when starting the next time
- Free shape selection tool
- Easy textbox editing (borders, move, rescale)
- Extendable clipart library
- Export for multiple purposes (HTML, Java/C++/C/... comment)
- And many many more - check it out!
Don't forget to visit other software projects of mine.