WARNING: Developer releases are not stable versions!
They are intended for experienced users who want to see what's next and who want to help
me finding bugs.
In order to download the latest stable version go here instead.
June 19th, 2005
JRE 1.4 or greater installed
New Features since the last milestone release:
More Features can be found in the changes from the previous release 6.0 M5.
- New font chooser for display font. It is in the menu View, Display font... and you can
use it to select any true type font installed on your system.
The font will be used for the editors, for the preview in
the image2ascii converter and the FIGlet editor. It will
also be used as default font for GIF export.
- Reduced startup time, reduced system resources for crash recovery
- Java ImageIO API is used for loading image files. So JavE now supports all image file formats
that are supported by the Java runtime you have installed.
- Replaced the old FIGlet font export assistant by a new wizard implementation.
- Cliparts are now sorted by name
- Brushed up some icons, added icons to more menu items
- Brushed up dialog for adding current selection as new clipart
- Improved the Steganogram feature and added some help text (Image2Ascii Converter
with the Gradient converting algorithm / menu Special, Decode Steganogram)
- Changed the about dialog to be an ordinary dialog with close button
- Added CeeJays Ascii Gradent:
- Added icons to the style chooser in the fill tool options dialog
- Bugfix: High CPU load when closing asciimation player in looped mode
- Bugfix: Error when opening fractals editor
- Bugfix: JavE did not find its configuration files when not being run from installation folder
- Bugfix: JavE player applet was not JDK1.4 compatible
- Bugfix: FIGlet font export assistant did not start
- Bugfix: Games (AscTris/Labyrinth) did not get keyboard focus when started
- Distribution: Moved icons from root folder to separate icons folder
- Distribution: Added Alberto Schianos cool new folder icon (icons folder)
For more icons see the logos and icons page.
- Lots of bugfixes and internal code cleanup
Your feedback is important: Let me know if you find any bugs or inconveniences.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.